Intensive Summer School: An Introduction to Creating Picture Books
Learn the essentials of creating compelling picture books for 0-6 year olds
Take a week for yourself during summer to become inspired with new ideas, experiment with literary and artistic techniques and become equipped with the commercial knowledge to take your ideas further in a successful direction.
• Gain an overview of the market and advice on getting published
• Learn how to create stories with convincing characters
• Experiment with a range of appropriate artistic mediums
• Explore narrative themes, structures and writing styles
• Learn how to storyboard a book with compelling layouts
• Learn how to make a book dummy to send to publishers
• Receive one-to-one and group feedback on your work
• The opportunity to enrol on Claire’s intermediate level evening course where you can develop your book idea further and build an illustration portfolio to wow publishers and agents.
For course times and dates, please subscribe to my news alerts.