An Introduction to Creating Picture Books
In this friendly adult beginners course, you will learn the essentials of creating children’s books for 0-6 year olds, to appeal to the contemporary picture book market. Claire teaches both writing and illustrating as the two disciplines are integral to picture books, but you may wish to specialise in either one.
- Gain an overview of the market & advice on getting published
- Learn how to create stories with convincing characters
- Experiment with a range of appropriate artistic mediums
- Explore narrative themes, structures & writing styles
- Learn how to storyboard your book with compelling layouts
- Learn how to make a dummy book to present to publishers
- Receive one to one & group feedback on your work
- Obtain advice and guidance on marketing your work
To keep up to date with course times and dates, please email me to sign up to my newsletter or ask a question about a specific course.